Wandering Mind...

Random thoughts, experiences, observations, views, desires, ideas, humor, inspirations, emotions, insights...ahhh whatever! With a touch...of the WORD!!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Best Way to Express Love is.......

All of life is a series of relationship. There are few or no people who will find any satisfaction if they have to live a life alone. God knows that, that's why Eve came to the picture. The fullest enjoyment (and perhaps achievement too!) of this life is deriving from the times we are able to share joys and sorrows, experiences and ideas with the dear people we have. Unfortunately, with the never-ending distractions and demands (and attractions too) that flood our lives, we tend to live so much for tomorrow and the "job that has to be done" with it. As a unwanted result, our relationship become shallow, unsatisfying and ineffective. Worst, the very dear people whom we are supposed to derived our strength becomes at times an irritation because we're too pre-occupied with something else. (or in other case, someone else!)

Back then, I was one of the particular MEN (and now women too I heard...) who doesn't understand this. All the while I thought that...,by providing my dear ones with the necessities and (at times) luxuries of life, I'm already taking care of them at my best. That's why I spend most of my time in work to come up with enough and make them happy. Leave early and arrive late for home was once my routine......just for them.

I was rebuked one day when my eldest daughter asked me to buy her a "post-it-notes" like the one I use in my office. I felt quite proudly satisfied for her, thinking that she is learning to become organize by using those "post-it-notes" to remind her of the priorities in school's schedules.

And so I thought.....

Feeling of curiousity and eagerness of confirmation excitedly pushed me to ask her the question "Why?". She answered awkwardly by saying....."Papa, Isusulat ko na lang ang gusto kong sabihin sa yo dito, tapos dikit ko sa pinto kasi di na tayo nagkikita at nagkakausap ng matagal eh, lagi kang busy...miss na kita". Haa! It struck me so hard that my face turned pale! I was convicted, embarassed and so touched.

That was an eye opener that made me reconsider and improve my ways and priorities. It also points me to the simple yet very loud truth..., that each of us has only one life....a short one with equal amount of time each day. And when your time is given to someone or something, you are giving a portion of your life that you'll never get back. That's why the greatest gift you can give to someone very dear and loved are not diamonds, roses and chocolates, but it is your time.....your quality time that can be felt, not just presence. A very focus attention of love that concentrates so intensely that you forget yourself at the moment...somehow. (lalim nito ah...ako ba ito!).

As what R. Warren says...
"The essence of Love is not what we think or do or provide for others but how much we give of ourselves."
In our final moments, when our life is about to end, I believe, we will not be asking to bring our diplomas and trophies, gold watch and diamonds jewelries, bank accounts and acquired properties, but instead we would ask to be sorrounded by people we love and have relationship with. And we will all realize then that relationship are what life is all about and family relationships are second to none in priority-----except God!

Discovering this, made me express my concern and love to all of my dear ones in whatever way I can, and while I can, because time's running, various changes constantly occur, people die, and children grow. Someday my beautiful daughters will not sit on my lap or my parents won't give me advices anymore. No more goodnight kisses, hugs and prayers with them. I don't want to look back with so much regret because of what I fail to do when I have the chance to do it. So I might as well live each moment with them fully so it's value will always be with me.

Wisdom, accordingly is knowing and acting the truth sooner rather than later. The best expression of love is your quality time and the best time to express your love is ...NOW!

Kapag nabasa ito na mga kapatid, anak at ng esmi ko...sasabihin ng mga yon eh...Ang galing nung quality time mo, pero wag mo ring kalimutan yung diamonds, gold and money, ok din yun sa 'min, penge ha. (sablay tayo dyan) Hmmmmm....pero maganda nga yata ang combination...may point sila...hehehe


Have a blessed day!

Verse-Meal

1John 3:18
"My children, our love should not be just words and talk; it must be true love which shows itself in action." (TEV)

7 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, September 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post!!! what can i say? Hermie

 
At 7:56 AM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Bluegreen said...

Kaya nga uwi ka na maaga at wag puro blog! JOke! Heheheh peace tayo!

Exactly what I always tell the people who spend so much time at work. NOthing bad about it pero kasama sa role as provider ng family yung pag-provide ng time for them also...not just yung monetary gain. You can never bring back lost time. Before you know it, di na pala kayo magkakakilala hehehe

Great post kafatid!

 
At 9:52 AM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Flex J! said...

Hermie,
Thanks sa bisita...musta na pards? How's Lilia?

Best regards....


Blue,
tama ka...uuwi na nga ako eh.....pautang....hehehe

 
At 4:53 PM, September 23, 2005, Blogger bing said...

tanging yaman ang pamilya, flexj... hindi pwedeng ikumpara sa kahit anong materyal na bagay. payak man ito sa iba - pero ito ang totoo para sa akin...

my family is my fuel to go on in this life... love is what binds us together..

 
At 1:57 PM, September 24, 2005, Blogger yusop said...

This is such a great paean to love. Bravo!

 
At 6:23 AM, September 26, 2005, Blogger Flex J! said...

Bing,
I like the way you put it...family as the fuel to go on.....simple yet true..

Major Tom,
Thanks for dropping by....you're always welcome here...


Kadyo,
Thanks for inspiring comments...
I'll keep on for HIs Glory!


smiles...
--jun--

 
At 1:56 PM, October 28, 2005, Blogger jinkee said...

Tama ka Jun, TIME is the best way to show your love. Kaya nga kami, inaabot ng 11pm sa pagtulog. We play a lot with our kids after work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home