Wandering Mind...

Random thoughts, experiences, observations, views, desires, ideas, humor, inspirations, emotions, insights...ahhh whatever! With a touch...of the WORD!!

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Death Around Me......

Had some shocks in my life from the past few days.....

I witnessed an aftermath of a tragic road acciddent while on my way to work, ang aga-aga pa trapik na sa coastal highway...yun pala may tumawid na matandang lalaki (highway ito ha!) at di nailagan ng sasakyan, it's brakes was not applied on time perhaps due to the short distance between them. Whew! First time in my life to see.... Blood sprawling on the road from a lifeless body of an old man just lying there. Happened in a blink of an eye. Help arrived but.......

Again on my way to work, it was still dark about 5 AM. I was supposed to ride in the frontseat of the vehicle that stopped in my front, but was hindered by the incoming car which blocked my path so I decided to sit in the rear. We were traveling quite fast I noticed, kasi pag lumiliko napapahawak ako sa handle nung pinto. Then in one sharp curve a tricycle suddenly appeared, humawak na lang ako ng mahigpit sa handle at yumuko...C R A S H!!!! Front glass shattered (Wind shield), few broken fragments reached me but fortunately wasn't able to wound me. Immediately, I got out from the FX and pacify the mother sitting in front of me who is crying and checking her baby for any possible wound. I took the baby gently and raised her. "Wala po di tayo inabot ng broken glass, fortunately, natakpan tayo ng pasahero sa harapan" I assured her. Afterwhich, I saw the tricycle driver lying around 7-8 meters from me still alive and groaning in pain beside the wrecked cycle. I shouted for help on the by-standers who quickly responded. (Thank God!) Guys in the front who served as our cover took almost all the broken pieces from the windshield. I don't know how many wounds they've got, one thing for sure ...it's painful, Thanks anyhow......

Another one, just happened last week and this one's personnal....My phone alarmed while I'm about to board an FX taxi. I didn't check it at baka maunahan pa ako sa pagsakay. Agawan kasi eh. When I was already conveniently sitting inside the FX, that's when I took my phone and a text message read as...."Kuya wala na si Nanay"...It was from my cousin's. Suddenly..I felt cold and speechless. I try to hold myself together and stop my tears due to this tragic news. I was just planning to visit her in afternoon but it was cancer in the fourth stage which robbed me. I missed her smiles whenever we talked. Memories of my Auntie still lingers...I don't know but....somehow, something is being drain from me whenever this kind of info reach me. One thing though...my cousin informed me that she surrendered her life to Christ days before it happened, and that means a lot to me, Tita....In God's time we'll see each other again......

Looking back in these days made me earnestly seek guidance from a more powerful Being that can guarantee security and salvation in my daily life before starting a day. Shocking situations like these could possibly make you quite drained and afraid...and might result to who knows what....kaya kahit sabihin nung mga barkada ko na corny na raw ako dahil mahilig na raw akong mag pray at bumasa ng inspirational stories and Bible, OKs lang yun sa 'kin........sigurista na ako eh, Ayaw ko nang pumusta sa sabong ng mga manok, ibang "kristo" nakita ko don, lo-dyes ng lo-dyes, madalas talo kahit liyamado pa....napatay na manok mo inulam pa ng iba.(sigh!) Pati pagtaya sa karera ng kabayo ayaw ko ng pasukin, iba ring jockey jesus ang nakita ko ron...walang kasiguruhan, panalo na natalo pa. tsk, tsk tsk.....

I found a new way of living and this made me courageously face some unexpected and quite unlikely situations of life. I still cry , I still struggle and I still miserably fail, but knowing God, not by religion but through a very personnal relationship, empowers my daily journey......and yes, in any situation. Even death that comes like the thief of the night which many people in all ages fear..,doesn't worry me anymore and I can confidently asked it...."O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?"(as what St. Paul said to Corinth, ICor 15:55). So then...just accept Jesus Christ as your Lord & personal Savior....no strings attached, for sure you will go to heaven.

Death.....do you still fear it? 'Hope not! Have a blessed day!!!

Verse-Meal

Phil. 1:21
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.....

13 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, September 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel God more than ever now but it didn’t happen overnight. It was after years of emotional struggle through 3 painful experiences in my life. My faith slowly grew stronger each day and my perspective in life changed. I live for the day now because I know God will provide my needs in His time. But I still get tempted to be weak, to be weak in faith, to worry, to be confused for whatever reason/s. And then I always get connected to the right person or thing, anyone or something, will have the right words or message to snap me out of it. And today, after reading your post, my mind is clear again and aware of the temptations that surround me. I believe that we are all here to help one another and remind each other that we are one family in Jesus Christ. I respect other people’s faith and I just pray that God’s grace be upon us all so that we may clearly see and feel Him. Sorry for the long comment. Thanks and God bless.

 
At 8:13 AM, September 02, 2005, Blogger Bluegreen said...

God allows these things to happen for reasons that we don't always understand. That's where faith steps in. Sabi nga Nya "Be still and know that I am God" Nothing and no one could be above Him. So whatever happens, rest assure that He is always ever present. THis life is a learning process, and anything goes. Good or bad, they all have their purposes in moulding us to become stronger and better. There will be things that for sure would be hard to accept. But as we learn to trust more in Him, we begin to understand, not with our minds anymore, but with our hearts and souls.

 
At 8:15 AM, September 02, 2005, Blogger Ka Uro said...

jun, nakikiramay ako sa pagkamatay ng iyong tita.

(paki-ignore na lang ang picture ko na nakangiti, mukha tuloy akong hindi serious sa aking pakikiramay)

 
At 8:26 AM, September 02, 2005, Blogger Flex J! said...

Jun. (Tukayo)
Thanks for your comments. No apology..I really appreciate it. Drop by anytime, Guys like you creates inspiration in me...

God bless..
Flex J!


Blue...

Thanks for the insight...true, we should learn to "Be still..." at times in this very busy world and let God be God...


Ka Uro,

Thanks....

 
At 2:54 PM, September 04, 2005, Blogger bing said...

jun,

my deepest condolences.

it is during these times that we think of death and how far are we in our faith that we could withstand the presence of God confidently. in every death of someone, be it close to you, or a stranger, it serves as a reminder that God created everything on earth and He is the ONLY ONE who has the right to take the life he had let us borrow.

 
At 9:58 AM, September 05, 2005, Blogger Flex J! said...

Hi Bing,
Truly! God giveth but He can also take it away!!!!

Thanks....

 
At 12:18 AM, September 06, 2005, Blogger YelJay said...

FlexJ. first of all condolence!
Personally, early in life, I have realized how short our mortal life here on earth. Since then, my motto has been Carpe Diem. It is good that we look upon the One above for inspiration and strengthening our faith. It may appear to be na struggle talaga ang ating buhay palagi but how man (or woman) responds to that is what makes the person's character and true reflections of his/her exercise of one's faith. Ingat kayo lagi diyan!

 
At 8:58 AM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Flex J! said...

cARPE DIEM!
YES, WE WERE ALL GIVEN THE GIFT TO CHOOSE....HOW TO RESPOND....
THANKS...JOEVS...INGAT KA RIN..

SMILES..
--JUN--.

 
At 1:29 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger jinkee said...

Hi Jun,

Buti na lang malakas sa Kanya kung hindi, baka nasaktan ka pa doon sa FX-tricycle crash. I really you, keep the faith.

Condolences nga pala para sa aunt mo.

 
At 2:25 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Flex J! said...

Thanks,,,jinkee...

 
At 4:59 AM, September 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hermie & lilia: condolences pareng jun.

 
At 8:01 PM, September 11, 2005, Blogger Day said...

flex j, i'm sorry for your loss... i know the feeling, i lost my aunt too, a few weeks ago...

 
At 8:30 AM, September 12, 2005, Blogger Flex J! said...

Hello day,
Thanks.....nice of you to drop by..

God Bless...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home