Wandering Mind...

Random thoughts, experiences, observations, views, desires, ideas, humor, inspirations, emotions, insights...ahhh whatever! With a touch...of the WORD!!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

MOONLIGHT

A legacy of a friend has just pop-up in my wandering mind due to the question raised by my daughter from her science assignment. “Pa…where does the moon’s light comes from?” Haa!? Moonlight?!? Upon uttering the word, my thoughts just automatically flew back to that high school incident that has left a beautiful insight and somehow, created in me …a smile.

Come and walk with me in my memory lane, and engage ourselves with story telling, we might stumble into something precious…..

I have this classmate who usually share a verse, experience or an illustration of life pointing towards the adventure and benefits of straight and honest living. She’s not that expressive in class but she speaks loud in her silence and glance. Quite a good gal eh!?, I don’t know how good because I rarely interact with her outside the class. She is quite a low profile and out-spoken in most of the areas I consider very beneficial and of importance during those days. And me? I was so engrossed with being famous and belonging to the “in-thing”. I was so full of myself. You know! High school times!! But this classmate is gifted with so many memory verses and illustrations to share whenever chance arises. And since she was sitting near to me, I often find myself hearing those stories, verses and illustrations of her, quite a lot. I don’t know where it came from and I didn’t bother to. I was just hearing those to kill time during a no-teacher and vacant hour, but somehow and for some reason that I’m not aware of…yet, it provides calmness and strikes quite an interesting conviction within me. But I never admitted it to anyone and I just shrugged it off afterwards, I was just too busy with my big self to listen and too young to consider those stories seriously. Yeah! I’m hearing those, but not listening, until the….surprise exam…….(getting longer huh?). But fortunately, it was not a surprise for me not because I was studious but because I was tipped-off beforehand by a friend from another section where our substitute teacher also teaches. And I kept it to myself to have an edge, which will aid me to grab the scholarship honors, come graduation day. I sacrificed the recess time (which by the way is my favorite subject..Hehehe) by getting those lectures into my head. And so during the exam time (after my favorite subject) they were all surprise but not the mischievous me. As I looked into my “classmate with great stories”, I saw her quite bothered by the sudden test too, yet very busy filling up her papers. Ah! She had a tip too, I thought. And then almost everybody I noticed, were perspiring quite a lot and others (even those running for top honors) were applying their cheating skill to the fullest. Me? I am enjoying the sight of their perspirations and my edge, with a mischievous smile. An hour later, I heard the famous line, which everybody doesn’t want to hear…”Finish or not finish, pass your papers”. I boldly took the liberty to stand first and collect their papers. (What a show off!) And as I reached for my soft spoken classmate with “stories”, who by the way is also running for scholarship honors, I was shocked to read her papers. It was full of good “letterings” and very well designed, that says: IT IS BETTER TO GET ZERO RATHER THAN TO CHEAT! Whew! I was greatly moved and started to perspire just right that moment. Here she is, running for scholarship honors and recognition opted to be ZERO when she can easily take a peek on her notes and other papers as what most were busy doing while the teacher’s out.

After that incident, I stopped hearing her inspirational stories anymore......I started listening with an open heart and mind.

And one of those stories was about the “Moonlight”, which serves as a light during the night, where darkness somehow evades half of the earth temporarily. Its light was not her own, only borrowed from the Sun and being reflected to earth to stopped the darkness from his evasion. If the moon will not yield to the Sun for the light, darkness will completely take over…. and all will be lost.
It’s like true Christians, she said, they possess lights, given to them. They must not hide it nor put it off, they should stand up and let it shine to the people caught in darkness, in whatever situation. Their purpose for living is to pass that light from the Son to the people. And they will continue to shine brightly only if they continue to yield themselves to the Son. For without the Son, they are nothing...

Well, she definitely shown her light to me, and I was blinded. Now I see....

For sure I can effectively answer my daughter’s assignment now.

Have a blessed day!

Verse-Meal:
Matthew 5:16
…let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

21 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, November 13, 2005, Blogger RAY said...

wen i farr in rove it wourd be forever.....
into many moonright kisses, ....
ano ba topic moonright or wrong man cheating.
dapat hindi tayo mandaraya, kasi kara mo wara nakakita sa iyo kahit wara konsensiya mo nakatitig sa iyo.
Ferix ako iyo konsensiya....
gumamit ka safeguard. oki san.abot mo ba komersyar na to its.

 
At 3:34 PM, November 13, 2005, Blogger duke said...

This story reminded me of my classmates in highschool.During an exam a classmate of mine wanted to copy the answers of another classmate. She tried getting her attention by gently tapping the other girl's chair but this girl did not move a bit. Soon the tapping became a chair kicking session that ended up with the girl falling down her chair. She was firm not to let my other classmate copy and eventually with her fall, the teacher noticed what was happening.

 
At 4:17 AM, November 14, 2005, Blogger Zee TJ said...

Wish I had known this gal too. I remember how I let my classmates copy my test papers (which we all know is also a form of cheating)...

Anyway, this is one nice stroy to tell Jun. Have a blessed week!

-Hezel-

 
At 8:30 AM, November 14, 2005, Blogger Flex J! said...

Ka Atoy,
Sira yata ang letter "L" sa keyboard mo.....hehehe

Duke,
Kawawa naman classmate mo...ntumba pa....

Hezel,
Thanks for dropping by...link kita ha...

 
At 9:58 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger nixda said...

naalala ko lang fave song ng ate ko..."cause you light up my life, u gave me hope to carry on..."
thanx for sharing inspiring stories brader!

tanong ko lang...paano naman kung ikaw ang nadaya? sana mag-post ka about "forgiveness"

salamat sa merienda!

 
At 7:21 AM, November 15, 2005, Blogger Flex J! said...

Neng sure I will...one of these days...

thanks for visiting...and Happy Birthday!!!

--jun--

 
At 7:32 AM, November 15, 2005, Blogger Ka Uro said...

father jun, nice story again. very inspiring. just wondering, anong sinagot ng daughter mo sa assignment niya?

 
At 9:11 AM, November 15, 2005, Blogger Abaniko said...

For not being able to answer anything in the exam that lasted an hour, kawawa naman sya.

 
At 10:15 AM, November 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Flex J. Like a parable, the moonlight tale is truly inspiring. Original and very affecting...

 
At 12:39 PM, November 15, 2005, Blogger Flex J! said...

KU,
hahahaha! sinagot nya eh yung ano na nakaano sa ano...basta magandang ano yun eh...kaya first placer sya ngayon...

Abaniko,
oo nga but then she got the scholarship honors too in our graduation day even with a zero on that exam....God work mysteriously....

Major,
Thanks...I am deeply affected as well when she shared it to me...It's being Christian or not being one...that counts at the end of the road..

a blessed day!!!

--FJ--

 
At 12:46 PM, November 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whew! haba ng flashback bago masagot un tanong ah..ehehhe

nice story though, i remember my cheating days! :lol:

 
At 7:20 AM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Flex J! said...

Yeah! pObs, those were the days....LOL!

 
At 5:36 AM, November 17, 2005, Blogger jinkee said...

Jun,
Ang lakas maka-konsensya non kahit di directed to you. It only proves that 'the end doesn't justify the means'.

 
At 7:32 AM, November 17, 2005, Blogger Flex J! said...

Kiwinoy!
Lahat naman yata tayo eh cheaters nung high school in one way or the other.....

Jinkee,
Oo nga yata.....tama ka...sabi nga ni KRis...may tama ka!....LOL! Joke!

Thanks for dropping by...

 
At 6:59 PM, November 18, 2005, Blogger lws said...

After that incident, I stopped hearing her inspirational stories anymore......I started listening with an open heart and mind.-nagustuhan ko ito na sinabi mo-totoo yan we have to open our hearts and mind :) salamat sa pagdaan sa pwesto ko.pasensya na di ako ganong nakakpag blog hop pero bbcita ako pag may time ako nagpapahinga ako ng unti unti:)God bless

 
At 8:00 AM, November 19, 2005, Blogger Flex J! said...

Thanks for the visit J!

God bless you too!

 
At 1:34 PM, November 20, 2005, Blogger bing said...

outstanding and what self control! this is nice, flexj!

 
At 9:15 AM, November 22, 2005, Blogger velvet said...

its already an echo of comments. nice piece to got here.

i can't post to ur tag board kaya d2 n lng... salamat sa pagbisita. balik ka, ha.

balikbalikan itong blog mo! :D

 
At 9:18 AM, November 22, 2005, Blogger velvet said...

its already an echo of comments. nice piece U got here.

i can't post to ur tag board kaya d2 n lng... salamat sa pagbisita. balik ka, ha.

balikbalikan ko itong blog mo! :D

~~~
ako po ulit my typo error kc... peace

 
At 12:45 PM, November 22, 2005, Blogger Flex J! said...

Thanks for the visit too Velvet. Link kita....

 
At 4:10 AM, November 23, 2005, Blogger velvet said...

ok. i'l do the same!

ingats, ciao

 

Post a Comment

<< Home