Wandering Mind...

Random thoughts, experiences, observations, views, desires, ideas, humor, inspirations, emotions, insights...ahhh whatever! With a touch...of the WORD!!

Monday, February 13, 2006

A Moment of Suspense and Danger and Tsk, tsk tsk

I'm BACCK!!!

Thanks for all the blogger friends who took a peek or visit my house and left mesage on my tagboard. It's been quite a while and I miss blogging, it's just these files of papers in my desk that hinders my blogging enjoyment. Well you know what they say...,first things first!

I am not scheduled to blog today but I might forget the details of the situation I met last Feb. 2 which somehow could be a reminder to other people as well.

It was 10 pm and I was on my way home from work. Along the way, in the corner of Quirino Ave. and P. Gil St., the jeep I was into slowed down due to corner traffic. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a guy stands about 5'6'" tried to grab the cell phone hanging around the neck of a lady sitting on the opposite side, 2-3 meters from me. Shouting and invectives followed the incident, where I loudly heard the snatcher's words "Ibigay mo na at baka masaktan ka pa!! (Just let it go, or you might be hurt!). The lady did no let it go until the a brave man on the other end stands up and tried to help the poor damsel. He kicked the snatcher's face through the jeep's window and temporarily halt the commotion. But the snatcher ran around to the jeep's entrance where I am located and pulled his fan knife, shouting to the guy who helped. "Pakialamero ka ha! tignan ko kung san ka dadamputin." I noticed that he's somewhat awkward to board the jeepney upon seeing many man inside, so he just hung from its entrance trying to grab the brave man. Meanwhile my instincts is telling me that this kind of aggressiveness shows that he might have a partner(s) nearby. So I was just waiting and expecting them somehow..,then riot will start if they appear.(so I said to myself). Anyhow, the snatcher tried his best to hit the brave man with his knife. And everytime he did I was nearly hit for I am somewhat 'in between". But the brave guy used his feet to kick the bad guy repeatedly from a distance and at the same time making a defense for himself. Fortunately the fan knife was accidentally dropped by the snatcher due to the repeated kicks but his shoes was thrown outside due to his motions. (exchange gift sila ng snatcher, a shoe for the knife). The snatcher ran away as soon as he learned that his knife was already in the hand of the good guy. Then a another big stranger came along and asking if the snatcher got the precious phone, but upon seeing one guy holding the knife, he immediately ran away too. It was his companion who came late, so I thought. I instructed the driver to go to the nearest precinct and we reported the incident. There, I noticed the bleeding foot of the good guy and suggested to bring him to a nearby hospital. I asked the lady whom he helped and saved to assist us somehow, but to my dissapointment, she said that somebody is waiting for her nearby so she'd better go and immediately got into a cab and left. (Shocks!) The guy had nearly been killed and all he got is a smoked from a scaping cab! Tsk, tsk tsk. what happened to saying thank you nowadays. I just accompany the guy to the hospital and called his wife to assist him there. I later found out that he sustained two wounds while making his defense for the lady who dumped us.

Ito po ang medyo nakakahiya, naubusan po ako ng pamasahe pauwi dahil nag-abono ako ng pang-taxi namin going there. Kaya medyo kinapalan ko ang mukha ko to tell him my predicament which he smilingly responded. Eto p're at hinihintay ka na yata ni misis. (it was 1:30 am btw!). I took the money with a smile too and so his cell phone number para makibalita next day. I took off as soon as I see that he's already well attended. Pero di ko malimutan yung mukha nung babaeng yun...(gigil ako, tsk tsk tsk.)
Kaya mga kabayan, wag po nyong idisplay yung cellphones n'yo sa public place lalot gabi na, lalong-lalo na yung mga miss na pa-star tapos di naman marunong magpasalamat man lang...I wonder kung nakatulog ng mahimbing yung babaeng yun..???

Ingat po tayo lagi....


Have a blessed day!

Verse-Meal
Proverbs 21:7
The violence of the wicked will drag them away for they refuse to do what is right.

10 Comments:

At 4:11 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger velvet said...

nice seeing ur blogging again... syempre nakaka-miss ang kapwa blogger pag wala post. welcum back!

bakit nga ganun, no. may mga taong insensitive. tenk you ndi man lng nagawa. on the other hand, its uplifting to know na may mga mababait na tao despite their goodness we're not reciprocated. natural nman na mabait ang tao kaso nga lng sumtyms/most of the time its tainted... sigh!

good day, flex jun.

nga pala... hapy V-day!

 
At 4:42 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Ka Uro said...

gald to know na meron pa ring mga good samaritan. kakalungkot nga lang na meron mga taong katulad nung babae sa kwento mo na di man lang marunong magpasalamat. what if mas grabe pa ang nangyari dun sa mamang lumaban sa snatcher? kung ako siguro yong mama, di na ako lalaban. sabihin ko na lang sa ale na ibigay na niya ang CP niya. material na bagay lang naman yon. it's not worth it kung may masasaktan pa.

 
At 6:21 AM, February 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to have you back. What an encounter! Thanks for sharing...

The LORD bless you and keep you;

The LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;

The LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

 
At 8:52 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Flex J! said...

Hi Velvet,
Medyo talagang gulat lang ako sa reaction nug lady, siguro natatakot pa sya due to what transpired, pero mag-iingat na yun sa susunod para wala ng masaktan.

tnx for the visit!

Ka Uro,
yung nga ang first instinct ko, na wag nang lumaban co'z I heard that those who helped are the ones reaping the greater damage in the end kaya lang kung may mga kasama na tumulong yun bad guy, siguro nagkarambulan kami sa loob, kasi Its hard for me to let the good guy be hurt when I can do something about it, especially dadaan sila sa akin, di na siguro ako magdadalawang isip to act. Buti na lang at nahuli ng reaction yung kasama nya.

 
At 8:56 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Flex J! said...

Hi Prayer Warrior!
Thanks for the visit. I can sense your prayers...thanks!!!

My apology for using some of our dialects which are not familiar to you. I'll try to translate next time....

God Bless....

 
At 10:26 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Wendy said...

Ei... nice to see na may mga post ka na uli... Yup, it's been a long time bago ka nakapag-post ulit. Hehe...

Anyway... God bless the person na tumulong dun sa gurl na 'di man lang yata tiningnan o kinilala 'yung taong gumawa sa kanya ng mabuti na halos itaya sarili nitong kaligtasan para sa kanya. I just can't believe na ganu'n ang ginawa ng babae... eskuwerda kaagad. Huh?! Whatta attitude!

To the good guy... Am sure maraming blessing ang darating pa sa kanya at sa buong pamilya niya.

Happy Heart's Day po... to you Flex J and to your family!

God speed!
Wends @};--

 
At 12:36 PM, February 18, 2006, Blogger bing said...

ano yun? shocked sa pangyayari?? grabe naman ang babaeng yun. walang utang na loob... eneweiz, it's good that you were there to accompany the guy even if it meant using your money. good job!

 
At 12:56 AM, February 20, 2006, Blogger silentmode_v2 said...

kudos to the guy (and you and wife as well)who helped that insensitive *****. she'll have her day without a knight in her side.

 
At 11:26 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger jinkee said...

Malamang nakutusan ko yung babae kung andoon ako.

Curious lang ako, nakuha ba ulit nung lalaki yung sapatos nya?

 
At 3:02 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Flex J! said...

Wendy,
Thanks! Hapi hearts day din at ingat ka lagi...

Bing,
Nanghingi na nga ako ng pamasahe eh, kakahiya! hehehe

Kiwinoy,
Well, ganyan talaga ang mga unsung heroes, am sure they will get their prize someday...

Silent Mode,
That is a very big possibility...no knight on her side...
Thanks for visiting...

Jinkee,
ganun din ang feeling ko nung oras na yun eh kaya lang ang bilis umalis...

Di na ankuha yung shoes nya...exchange gift nga sila...hehe

--jun--

 

Post a Comment

<< Home